Castles, distilleries, gardens, chocolate, and some totally unique visitor experiences. Nowhere else in Scotland has the range of attractions that we have here in Perthshire.
Fortingall is the ideal base for exploring the many visitor attractions Highland Perthshire has to offer. Here is just a sample of the places you might find of interest.
- Scottish Crannog Centre
- Keltneyburn Smithy Gallery
- Highland Safaris - winner of the 'Best Visitor Experience' in Scotland, combine award winning exhilarating Land Rover Safaris, Red Deer Centre, inspiring walking and Biking activities and Perthshire's only Gold and Gem Panning Centre. Relax and enjoy Breakfasts, Tasty home baking of cakes and traybake , locally roasted Glenlyon coffee and a full lunch menu in our Visitscotland taste our best award winning cafe and gift shop situated in a unique and stunning location. A truly authentic discovery of everything that makes Highland Safaris an exceptional destination.
- Wade’s Bridge
- Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery
- The Scottish Chocolate Centre
- Castle Menzies
- Bolfracks Garden
- Cluny House Garden
- MacGregor’s Leap
- House of Bruar
- Pitlochry Dam and Fish Ladder
- Blair Castle
- Edradour distillery
- Blair Athol distillery, Pitlochry
Robbie Cairns, the owner of Fortingall Hotel, is passionate about Scotland and its rich and eventful history. After fielding a range of local history questions from hotel guests, Robbie was inspired to write a series of informative guides for visitors wishing to explore the area’s well-known, and some of the lesser-known, castles, gardens and other tourist attractions. Click on the links below and take a look through a door into the past.